The building was constructed in the years 1899-1900, in just 17 months, for the Commercial Chamber of Lublin. It was designed by Gustaw Landau, an architect working in Warsaw and Lodz, and a brother of one of the co-owners of the Commercial Chamber. It became a popular venue for business negotiations as well as meals. In 1910 the building got the architectural shape which we can now admire.
In the period between the two World Wars on the ground floor there was a delicatessen shop and a coffee shop with breakfast rooms. During World War Two the building was transformed into the Deutsches Haus because of its convenient location in the city centre. In the 50s it was changed into a low standard hotel with Lublinianka Cafe and a restaurant downstairs.
Lublin Grand Hotel Sp. z o. o., a company belonging to the Von der Heyden Group bought the hotel in 2000 and thoroughly restored and modernized it, which led to its re-opening, as a 4-star deluxe hotel, in May 2002.
The restoration efforts have been widely acknowledged, and brought the hotel a few prestigious awards.
Since 2003 the hotel has been managed by Spanish chain IBB Hotels. The IBB Group operates 4* business hotels in Poland and Germany, and 3* leisure hotels in Spain. In the next years IBB Hotels plans further development in Europe, and in 2016 opening a boutique Hotel in the Old Town of Gdańsk.